The programme is open to 16 – 18 year old students. Each have personalised timetables, enabling the balance of lessons together with an in-depth football development programme. We provide an excellent pathway into further education, sporting 22 hours of lessons over a fortnight, gaining a BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport - the equivalent of 3 A levels provided at The Coleshill School over two years.
First class training and playing facilities at Packmeadow on a 4G pitch.
Future Destinations Studying This Course
BTEC Level 3 National Sport courses offer a flexible range of units that suit the particular interests and career aspirations within the sport and active leisure sector. The course offers UCAS points which are widely recognised by universities and employers.
- Unit 1 - Anatomy & Physiology
- Unit 2 - Fitness Training & Programming for Health, Sport, and Well Being
- Unit 3 - Professional development in the Sports industry
- Unit 4 - Sports Leadership
- Unit 5 - Application of Fitness Testing
- Unit 6 - Sports Psychology
- Unit 7 - Practical Sports Performance
- Unit 8 - Coaching for Performance
- Unit 9 - Research Methods in Sport
- Unit 17 - Sports Injury Management
- Unit 19 - Development and provision of Sport and Physical Activity
- Unit 22 - Investigating business in Sport and the active leisure industry
- Unit 23 - Skill Acquisition in Sport
- Unit 25 - Rules, Regulations and officiating in Sport
- Working with UEFA A and B license coaches where football training mirrors that of professional football academies.
- Playing in the AOC league.
- Transport provided to away games.
- Football training schedule mirrors that of professional football academies, helping bridge the gap between grassroots and elite youth football.